While the fundamental marketing principles in this industry—focusing on education and relationships—remain the same, the tactics for delivering these strategies change from year to year. Here are the five trends we expect to see more of in 2017 as advisors incorporate them in their businesses:
- Marketing automation: Automate communication to your leads to create a truly systematic marketing program. We recommend starting simple with MailChimp automation or wait for Snappy Kraken to launch in early 2017.
- Live streaming platforms: While videos have been popular for years, we believe this trend will shift more to live streaming. We recommend you experiment with Facebook Live to see if it resonates with your target market.
- Native advertising: Consumers are excellent at ignoring traditional advertisements, so use content-based ads that are camouflaged to look like unpaid content. Start by experimenting with sponsored posts on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
- Niche content: Content marketing is so widespread, the only way to stand out from the noise is to create unique content that speaks directly to the pain points of your target client. Segment your prospects by their financial needs, and create a custom content strategy for each segment.
- Visual content: To stand out from the competition and capture short attention spans, more firms will focus on visual content such as video and infographics to complement their written content.